Kingdom Oriented - Partners are outward focused, looking for places and ways to engage unchurched people where they are.
Gospel Centered - Demonstrating through word and action the centrality of Jesus and his mission.
Transformational - Renewing and reinvigorating a sense of mission in leaders, partners and communities.
Inclusive - Actively seeking new people and partners with a heart to grow the Kingdom.
Strength and Asset-based - Leveraging existing people, assets and strengths as a foundation on which to further the mission.
Develop new self-replicating, self-supporting mission starts.
Identify, recruit and disciple new workers and leaders who will in turn become servants in the network.
Incorporate at least one new partner into the missional network per year.
GOAL OF THE MISSION ACTIVITY SITE
The goal of the mission activity site is a new Word and Sacrament ministry. To best accomplish this, the plan for each mission activity site is to initially develop the ministry as part of the host congregation. Ultimately, the mission activity will result in either an enhanced multicultural congregation or a separate self-supporting new church plant. The partner organization can then continue to support T2C2 by helping to support the development of future sites and missions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF T2C2
The role of T2C2 is not the long-term administration of either the sites it helps to develop (as these are to be ministries of the host congregations) or of the new church plants (as these are to eventually be free-standing congregations). Rather, the role of T2C2 is to be a missional catalyst, to help with a knowledge transfer and to provide a model for developing mission activity sites that result in developing leaders and planting new word and sacrament ministries and can be replicated in new locations. In addition to the model itself, T2C2 provides an overall structure and the ability to pull together resources from a variety of sources to execute common goals and strategies throughout the network. A few examples of T2C2 supported activities include:
- Financial support of T2C2 specific staff
- Availability of La Paz Soccer Club participation
- Community gathering events such as ESL classes, Zumba classes, celebratory activities, outreach activities
- Local training for ministry leaders in the network
- Marketing, name branding and administrative support
- Partnership with and support from the Texas District and others
BIBLICAL FOUNDATION FOR MISSIONAL ACTIVITY
The missional network activity is in concert with the words of our Lord Jesus Christ where He commissioned us to “ … make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you”. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Other Biblical support for this shared ministry effort includes:
- “ … go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.” (Mark 16:15-16)
- “ … you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses… to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!’” (Romans 10:14-15)
- “ … there before me was a great multitude … from every nation, tribe, people and language standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:9)